Google Search

Saturday, December 1, 2007

131st Infantry Div Philippine Army and PSYOPS Group Outreach Activity Poonbato (Aeta Resettlement) in Botolan, Zambales

Botolan, Zambales, Philippines - Amid the siege in Makati last November 29, 2007, led by none other than "Senator" Trillanes and his affiliates (who thought that the sick and tired Filipino people would aggressively respond to their "invitation"), the Reserve Command of the National Capital Region of the Armed forces of the Philippines still pursued on giving the people of Botolan, Zambales the true meaning of PUBLIC SERVICE... (if only "Senator" Trillanes and his colleagues and also all people in the government as well would realize this...that the people needs and craves for their services not their word-wars, their non-stop finger-pointing of who's responsible to what and who's corrupt and who's the less corrupt. SAWA NA KAMI!!!!) Back to topic..

Led by 131st Infantry Division and PSYOPS Group, headed by COL FABIAN, COL MARCELO B JAVIER, LTC HAYDEE G GELLANGARIN, COL JESUS G CABARRUS, COL ROGER A RAMONES, among others, conducted a Medical Mission and Outreach Activity in Taugtog, Santiago, Municipality of Botolan, Province of Zambales, Philippines. With volunteers from Fatima School of Nursing, AMA School of Nursing, OCW General Hospital, civilian volunteers, and of course, me.

BGEN RALPH VILLANUEVA, the Army Chief of Staff, was also there as guest of honor...

I've been to their past medical missios, but I consider this one as the most adventurous and most special of all. I get to spend my Bonifacio Day with our brothers in Botolan, Zambales, most especially the Aetas. I was asked to take photos and i decided to post them here in my blog... there was a sudden moment of excitement as kids were flooding the their church (which is by the way made entirely by their hands, as you can see in the photos)... the uniformed men gave the children candies, toys, relief goods, a small amount of financial sorts, and of course, smiles...



I don't want to sound corny or what so ever, but I really felt happiness and a little sadness, because of some the children's health condition... some of them are thin and I think lack resistance from viruses that can harm them... I talked to some of them and asked where they go to school at and they said that its quite far from where they reside...





















Right then I can say to their faces filled with smiles that in their own little way.. they want to say "Thank You!" or 'Salamat Po'





I think its time for everyone to unite for the betterment of our nation and its people.. More than ever, healthy politics doesn't mean we are on the right track of a more effective democratic nation... D@mn all those who keep on destroying the nation... I really hope that you also feel what every youth feel about this country, what I feel about this country... Pity on you...





No comments:

Popular Posts