Google Search

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Addiction, and some Political and Social Constipation of Mine

Its been a few months since I started this blog... Phew! This was going to be an interesting period of my life... I'm currently finding a part-time job.. a job that I wanted to turn into a career...

My life started to go around and run smoothly when I started expressing myself through this blog... I think Im addicted to it... Other things that Im addicted to are: Pokemon (childish), Spongebob, WWE, Avril Lavigne, Computers, the-three-letter-word, Art of war, MadTV, HBO, MTV, and travelling...

Last Saturday (11-10-2007), I was at Botolan, Zambales for an inspection on the venue where my aunt's league will be holding the next medical mission...

we went to an area called Poonbato where some of our Aeta (Ita) brothers reside... I was amazed on how satisfied they are in their daily lives, I can't hardlt imagine living my life not as benefited as I am today... I can't even live a day without opening our laptop and surf the net... But their situation today is not like as "makaluma' or traditional than before... Now, they don't wear their ethnic clothings but instead they use casual clothes for their everyday activities... But I think the support from the government for them is very minimal... i can still see children who are thin and some of them beg to tourist for money or food... actually this situation also occurs inside Metro Manila... street children are still scattered everywhere risking their young lives in the fast-paced Metro where vehicles might be the cause of their early death... even in Makati, where the Philippines most famous malls, luxurious hotels, exclusive villages and high-profit companies can be found, also has beggars...

With an open mind, I can say that in this cases, the government should not be entirely blamed; I think it is not completely the President's fault why poverty is a problem in the Philippines. We, the Filipino people, should also be considerate. there are over 80 Million filipinos out there that also needs help.. If we only find ways to be productive to ourselves, then we can help fight poverty.. we all know that one of the government's main duty is to provide solution for poverty, but it is not their responsibility to give us money or directly give every one of us jobs that are fitted to our skills and knowledge. For example, a man who complains that he never felt the economic development because according to him he is poor, because he lives in a squatters' area, he has no money and he has no job and in reality this same type of complain can be heard if you go to the most populous part of the Philippines.. i think the problem is with the people themselves... if they ought to find a job instead of sitting pretty in street and drinking, they should be "wealthy" by now.. Come on!

Another thing is that Politics in the Philippines seems to be the poison for national development... If only politicians, including those in their "seats" and those who are not, can only find ways to shut their mouths up and start building "brighter" and "better" plans for all of us... The people who "voted" you do not pay taxes and do hard work just for you politicians your personal interests for power. I think even the moral-movers even wanted to dip themselves to the condiment of politics... let us try be more mature so that future generations can be proud of their harmonious past, oh.. by the way, some senators consider these "moves" as part of a healthy politics... okay... healthy politics, poor people, poor nation, divided nation... C'mon...


WE NEED TO HEAL THE NATION... But are we ready?


No comments:

Popular Posts