Google Search

Monday, December 22, 2008

Year-ender... Me, 2008, and more

2008 is been a very Blessed, colorful and fun-filled year for me... Great thinngs happened in my life (I still have the love my of my life, Kath..I graduated from college...got work and released..worked again and took the exam..-still waiting though, and more blessed things in my life).., but also got some bad news ( my grandmother died)... but still, a year won't be a year without 365 days or more with exciting happenings and events...

Pugad Baboy (Pig's Nest)

October was quite a month for me.. I celebrated my 21st birthday... but during that month I found myself really into the famous and humorous-yet-sensible comic strip of Pol Medina Jr. called Pugad Baboy. I really find it amazing how he create humor out of the current issues, events, and everything that i find too serious to laugh at.. I found the comic strip collection very mature and responsive cause it really makes me think and laugh...

and then there was Bob Ong...

I'm really into Bob Ong's Novels and books... it was first introduced to me by my college friend, Salve.. but for quite sometime I find it uninteresting.. lately, my aunt introduced it to me again.. and even let me borrow some of her books by Bob Ong.. I find the book exciting and mysterious, as how mysterious is the author cause I have never really seen him on tv amidst the popularity of his creations.. I first read MACARTHUR, a novel about four young boys and their journeys as young men who has these street vices of a deppressed area, specifically in Metro Manila... its main characters are Noel, Voltron, Jim and Cyrus.. the stiry is just exciting, violent at some point, humorous, slang, and very interesting... the second one that I read is Alamat ng Gubat, which at first if you will lokk at its cover, you would think that its a book for children considering how the illustrations are drawn.. its about a little crab named Tong in a mission to find a banana heart (puso ng saging) to cure his ill father.. but in his journey he will meet a lot of character 9with an attitude, yeah you heard it right, characters with an attitude) and will turn to a story that I find like a story on TV drama...the story is about a story inserted to another story then a character makes another story until it ends to a different story.. that's how ineteresting it was.. hehhe... Bob Ong is really humorous, he should be a stand-up comedian or some sort...

Im currently reading Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas (which is The favorite book of Judas in english)...

Bob Ong is not all of a humor guy, if you will read and understand his writings, you would know that it is very sensible and intellectual... Thunbs up for BOB ONG...

WWE ARMAGEDDON...

I wasn't able to post WWE Armageddon matches so here it is but a very quick one...

  • WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: John Cena defeated Chris Jericho
  • WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: Jeff Hardy defeated Edge and Triple H
  • NO. 1 CONTENDER'S MATCH FOR INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP:
  • CM Punk defeated Rey Mysterio
  • Vladimir Koslov defeated ECW Champion Matt Hardy
  • Batista defeated Randy Orton
  • BELFAST BRAWL: Finlay defeated Mark Henry
  • 8-Diva Santa's Little Helper Tag Team Match: Diva's Champion Michelle McCool, Maria, Mickie James and Kelly Kelly defeated Victoria, Maryse, Natalya and Jillian
I will be updating the current champions..

Need for Speed Addiction...

Im playing a PC Version of Need for Speed Underground 2..im totally addicted but tend to play from 2-3 hours only, cause im getting headaches.. Im so into the game especially "pimping my ride".. hehehe...

2008 NEWS
  • Barack Obama was elected as the first African-American president beating John McCain
  • The prices of Oil reached over $100 a barrel but fell down later on
  • The economoy of every country was threatened
  • World Youth Day in Australia
  • 2008 summer olympics
Local:

  • Jun Lozada, Joey De Venecia and Rep. Jose De Venecia and the NBN - ZTE Deal
  • Joc-Joc Bolante and the Fertilizer Scam
  • Never-ending rallies, protests and strikes against PGMA, Charter Change, Environment protection, and animal rights
--------------and now 2008 will close with.. alot more issues and problems to solve...


No comments:

Popular Posts